Wednesday 18 February 2009

Tropic Thunder

I remember seeing the trailer for Tropic Thunder and thinking to myself this film could be the best comedy of the year, unfortuantely, the film never lived up to the hype of the trailer. The concept is brilliant, a bunch of ego driven Hollywood stars go deep in the jungle to shoot a film, but what they don't know is that what they are facing is actually real life. But for some reason it just doesn't flow as well as it should.

Robert Downey Junior is brilliant, he plays the white guy pretending to be the black guy playing the black guy! Ben Stiller does his usual self parody act which amuses but Jack Black is quite frankly rubbish but that may have been down to the fact that his character was very two dimensional. Tom Cruise pops up in a cameo and almost steals the show as the foul mouthed film producer Les Grossman and his dance at the end is hilarious!

While I found the humour to be about the right level and the action fast paced, something just didn't work and although I enjoyed it, I didn't like it as much as I thought I would have. You know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment