Saturday 4 April 2009

Wrestlemania 25 Preview

The biggest night in the WWE year is once again upon us, Wrestlemania 25, this year from Houston Texas. There's a few intruiging matches and a few not so intruiging. Here's some quick thoughts on the card:

25 Diva Battle Royal
Quite frankly the only way this could be entertaining would be if all the Divas were naked! That isn't going to happen so as long as the match is kept fairly short it shouldn't be too pianful to watch. So far 18 divas have been confirmed from Raw, Smackdown and ECW, that leaves 7 former stars to fill the remaining spots. I'm having trouble remembering that many so I will guess Torrie Wilson, Victoria, Trish Stratus and Sunny (Tammy Sytch)will be there, not sure about the other 3 maybe Lita, Marlena and Sable maybe? My pick for the winner and new Miss Wrestlemania is Trish Stratus.

JBL vs Rey Mysterio - Intercontinental Title Match
JBL has promised to make history at WM25. I don't think beating Rey Mysterio counts as being historic and as little Rey Rey has had his ass kicked by practically everyone this year. My guess is that JBL beats Rey and retires as Intercontinental Champion.

Chris Jericho vs WWE Legends Ricky Steamboat, Superfly Jimmy Snuka & Rowdy Roddy Piper
Chris Jericho is the best thing about WWE right now, his one man war against the world has been brilliant, he's by far the best bad guy in the company right now and it's a shame he isn't involved in the title hunt. The build for this match has been great, Jericho has systematically taken the Legends to the cleaners. Unfortunately this match will most likely be the feel good bout of the night, Jericho will dish out much of the punishment only to be beaten thanks to interference from Mickey Rourke and Ric Flair.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match - Kane vs Mark Henry vs Christian vs Finlay vs MVP vs Shelton Benjamin vs CM Punk vs Kofi Kingston
I cannot understand why the hell Mark Henry and Kane are in this match when the likes of John Morrison and Carlito are still around. This year the hype has been focusing on the fact that every MITB winner has gone on to win a champiosnhip so I expect this years winner won't! The build up to this match has been a little weak and despite Kane dominating in the Battle Royal on Raw there is very little possibility that the Big Red Machine will come away victor. CM Punk is probably the only genuine main event talent but I can't see him winning it for the second year in a row so I'm putting my money on the outsider Christian to win it.

Shawn Micheals vs The Undertaker
HBK has done a stellar job keeping this feud interesting and it's good to see him playing a few mind games with Taker. These two haven't had a match at Wrestlemania so I'm expecting this one to be the show stealer. Taker is usually fed poor opposition like Khali and Kozlov so it's great to see him in there with someone the calibre of HBK. You can still be Mr Wrestlemania without winning so I predict the streak will not end here. Hopefully HBK can move on to a world title feud after this.

WWE Tag Team Unification Lumberjack Match - The Colons vs Miz & Morrison
I've not been following Smackdown very much so I'm not sure how they've built this match but they've got four men there who can go some, so we should get a decent match. I'm predicting MizMo to win here and unify the belts. No doubt there will be a free for all at the end with all the lumberjacks getting involved.

Jeff Hardy vs Matt Hardy
I'm not overly excited about this match because Jeff was flying high as a main eventer and his feud with Trtiple H had the potential to be huge. Matt was doing a solid job as the ECW champion and I fear the heel turn has cost him his best singles push. As this is an extreme rules match expect a couple of insane spots and a Jeff Hardy win to put this rivalry to rest.

John Cena vs Edge vs Big Show - World Heavyweight Championship
I'm a big fan of Edge, Big Show is OK and well I'm tired of Cena. The problem with Cena is that he's been made to look invincible and they've made him so cheesy it's ridiculous. I'd love to see Cena turn heel and go on the rampage but I fear that will never happen. Big Show has only been put in this match because Edge vs Cena has been done to death. I fully expect John Cena to win the title and Show and Edge to continue their feud over Vickie for a while longer.

Randy Orton vs Triple H - WWE Championship
I can't say I'm very excited about this, Randy is watchable but Triple H has just lost his way a bit really, I preferred him as a heel to be honest. Triple H has been made to look a bitch by Orton so I predict Hunter gets his revenge and retains his title.

No comments:

Post a Comment